Klaxon for Android – Now a Paid Application on the Market

The new improved Klaxon is now available on the Market for a reasonable $1.99! There have been several bug fixes, as well as some new features:

  • The compass is used to detect flip events. This allows vibration to be used for the alarm as well (it previously used to mess with the accelerometer, making it unusable).
  • Alarms can now optionally vibrate.
  • Alarms are now nameable.
  • Snooze can now be disabled.
  • Alarm will now turn off if the Home button is pressed.
  • Click and hold an alarm on the main screen to delete it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really? You open source it on windows, but you start charging money on the open source platform? Isn't that a bit backwards?

Unknown said...

Wanted to let you know that while I absolutely love the Klaxon interface above all, this app is unusable on the newer Cupcake builds. It throws my phone into a reboot and a constant boot loop at the HTC logo. The build I am using is 5.02Hr5 Apps2SD. I have to perform a data wipe in order to resolve the issue. I'm not sure if it's an apps to SD or something else. I'm guessing it's an interface issue with the built in alarm system and Klaxon, since that's what you build off of (I think). Anyways, I did pay for it, but cannot use it.

Mike said...

Hi,

I see your blog post says that this app only costs "A reasonable 99 cents"

It shows $1.99 in the market as of 5-6-09.

Please either update your blog, or stop charging double for your app, thanks.

Koush said...

That blog post was from a couple months ago, when it was priced at 99 cents. I've updated the post for you though.

Anonymous said...

Snooze doesn't work! It made me late for work twice! Love the app but I can't use it if the snooze doesn't work?

Unknown said...

My wonderful phone provider (Optus, Australia) STILL don't give us access to the paid market... any chance I could paypal you the amount then you email me the .apk?